From an initial concept, we can produce technical mechanical drawings and designs for thermal elements. Our mechanical engineering services are specialised in the area of thermal management and all designs are complemented by the use of thermal simulation to determine the performance and efficiency of the component under various conditions.
ETDYN have a team of skilled CAD users that can help you visualise your idea or concept from a simple sketch into a mechanical design to ensure that all components fit and will work together correctly. CAD drawings and performance data can be sent in any format required. We can also take your model and simplify it for simulation purposes to resolve any geometric issues, saving time and money for simulations.
We offer the following types of thermal analysis:
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) techniques using Ansys CFX, Solidworks and Fluent - CFD is used to predict the behavior of liquids and gases by conducting fluid flow and thermal analysis.
- Mathematical modelling using Matlab.
- Thermography using a FLIR thermal imaging camera.
- Environmental test chambers to simulate the temperature and humidity conditions to which machinery, materials, devices or components might be exposed. European Thermodynamics has recently acquired a Heraeus Vötsch HC-4057 chamber which is capable of simulating temperature conditions between -40 to +180C with RH of up to 95%.
- Airflow and Temperature monitoring.
Thermal analysis is used to determine how the physical and chemical properties of a substance change as a function of temperature during a temperature controlled program and undertaking proper simulations and analysis at the beginning of a project ensures that potentially costly mistakes are identified as soon as possible, the process may unlock further potential for the project and issues identified are usually easily amended.
ETDYN can take your model and simplify it for simulation purposes and resolve any geometric issues saving time and money for simulations. Analysis and CFD simulations are carried out on our dedicated HPC cluster computer server. Parallel processing enables us to carry out and solve very large and complex thermo-fluids problems and get results in relatively short periods. The computing power is backed up by dedicated thermal management test facilities that we use to verify our simulations.
We can offer the following types of stress analysis:
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) using Ansys Mechanical – FEA in the early stages of a project ensures that costly mistakes are avoided at the prototyping or build stages.
- Multi-physics modelling using COMSOL.
Stress analysis can be used to determine how a component may perform under stresses such as vibration or force, performance data will be provided for analysis work that is undertaken.
Embedded electronics system can be created from design to supply for a variety of applications such as temperature or speed controls for a fan. Our skilled in-house electronics team can take an idea or a concept from design through to production with strict testing, ensuring that all performance requirements are met throughout the process.
ETDYN is heavily investing and broadening its design and manufacturing capabilities in both hardware and software systems, gaining invaluable expertise with the aim to become completely autonomous creating innovative and user friendly products with outstanding reliability and quality.
Our current embedded electronics product developments is focused on; power, thermal, sensing and energy harvesting resulting off-the-shelf and niche solutions. We are continually advancing design and manufacturing capabilities to ensure that we maintain a competitive position within the industry.
ETDYN’s in-house workshop can build, test and provide performance data for any thermal component prototype, we can then work together with you to analyse the performance engineer the best solution for your requirements.