Adaptive® Energy Harvesting Kit Demo Video
Ultra-low Power and Low Maintenance
Adaptive® thermoelectric generator modules are devices that convert heat (temperature differences) directly into electrical energy, using a phenomenon called the ‘Seebeck effect’.
They are capable of generating DC electricity continuously as long as there is a temperature difference applied at the two sides of the module.
Increasing the temperature difference between the two sides of the module (the hot side and the cold side), increases both the generating capacity and hence the conversion efficiency of the module.
- Energy harvesting module for power generation from waste heat
- For maximum hot side temperatures of 200ºC or 250ºC
- Can be used in wireless sensor networks
- Compact structure
- No moving parts
- Maintenance free
- Low carbon
- Solid-state long term stability
- Generates no acoustic noise
The Adaptive® energy harvesting kit is optimised for either a very low input voltage thermoelectric generator (TEG) or a photovoltaic source.
Maximum power point tracking (MPPT) technology and a high efficiency boost converter have also been added to energy harvesting PCB in the kit for optimum operation.
Applications of Thermoelectric Energy Harvesting
• Wireless sensor applications and IoT
• Low power sensing applications, especially in industrial or hazardous environments
• Autonomous monitoring e.g. data logging
• Embedded systems and wearables
• Thermoelectric generator module
• Energy harvesting PCB
• Small form factor solar panel
• 2 x shunts and 6 x connectors
View our thermoelectric energy harvesting products here
Adaptive® energy harvesting products are available to buy online at www.AdaptiveTE.com and Amazon.co.uk.